How to apply
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Applicants for KU Leuven-Melbourne Joint PhD projects should:
- Identify a project of interest
- Register their interest with the project supervisor based at the University of Melbourne, including the following information:
- Name, contact details
- Joint PhD project of interest
- Cover Letter, CV and Transcript
- Any supporting documentation
- All applicants are required to meet the entry requirements for a PhD at both partner universities to be considered for the program.
- All participants are required to complete 12 months’ residency at the partner institution.
CHECK ADMISSION CRITERIA
Minimum entry requirements for a PhD at Melbourne are summarised on the course website of the relevant faculty of your University of Melbourne supervisor:
- Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Melbourne School of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
Check your visa and English language requirements. For international students with The University of Melbourne as the home institution, please note that during COVID-19 travel restrictions, alternative commencement arrangements may be made (commencement at partner institution or remote commencement). However, alternative commencement arrangement will have to meet the requirements of the project and approval from both institutions.
The successful candidates will be funded by either UoM or KU Leuven. This funding includes a full scholarship, health insurance and mobility support.
- All participants will receive a UoM Graduate Research Scholarship/KU Leuven scholarship when located at Melbourne/Leuven.
- Scholarship support will be available for up to 4 years.
- KU Leuven scholarship consists of:
- Tax-free living allowance of an average €2000 net/month (based on a net salary of a research assistant in which the column of the ‘monthly salary 100%’ is the net income and the column ‘monthly salary 174,1%’ is the gross income per month). The salary is based on assessment of individual cases and is to be negotiated through the KU Leuven PI.
- The following insurances: 1) Third Party Liability Insurance, 2) Occupational Accidents Insurance, 3) Travel Insurance during residency at KU Leuven
- Tuition fee waiver
- Bench-fee for each KU Leuven PI for relevant activities: € 3720/year (also to be used for the relocation to come to KU Leuven)